Sunday, June 11, 2006

Camp 2006

Wow. Camp was super this year. We even got a crew started. Well...why tell you the story when I can show you in pictures?
So about the first full day DwaineALaine and I went rock climbing on the new rock wall. I sucked, it took me like 3 times longer than it took him. But I made it, and to get done you went on a zip-line. So it's fun that camp is getting more interesting. (ps. the new lady that runs it, Suzanne, is pretty tight. She's no Kris...but she's more involved in the camp, so whatev.)
We had a skit night and every cabin had to have one. So this was our's (cabin 2). It was a dating show. (That's Lisa, Tonya, and Deb-nasty)
This was the counselor's skit. And if you have ever been to any camp/youth event, you know what the sin box is. That's my counselor, Sarah, in the yellow. The other cat is Walt.
So here's a full view of the climbing wall. It's really difficult.
This was before talent night when Rebekah and Dwaine were working on their skit. It was hilar. But I think the picture says it all.
Logan and Patrick played and sang a song for their talent. On the last day, when everyone left camp Logan went to the ER in Scott because he messed up his ankle. So we all visited before we left.
See this? Yeah, the boys and girls pranked the crap out of each other basically the whole week. This is at 4 am when we went to celophane-wrap the boys into their cabins. Apparently it didn't really phase them...but it was really funny to do.
This is the night of the banquet. This is all the ladiez.
And this is all the boys.
And THIS is the counselors, directors, and misnisters. And Soupa-Fly (the baby).
This is Dwaine and I with Dog-Walt. Long story short: Walt is an animorph, and this is what he becomes.
The last night we all slept out on the basketball court. You can't tell, but it's starting to get light out. This is our victory picture (that's Jon on the right). Our tongues are red because of the amount of jolly rancher fruit chews we ate.
And we totally made it. From noon on thursday to 1:30 friday afternoon, I didn't sleep at all. What a fab tradition we started last year. Once again it was pretty much just Dwaine, Jon, and me that stayed up the whole night. A lot of people made it most of the way though.
This is most of the crew. Starting on the back row it's Kentucky, Jon (Prince William), D-Waine, Patrick, Rebekah, me, and Walter. Not shown: Soupa-Fly and Dog Walt.

But it really was a fantastic time. I wish I could type all the stories. But no. I'm mos def gonna be a counselor next year.

2 Comments:

At 6/12/2006 10:13 AM, Blogger The Math Ninja said...

Looks like fun.

 
At 6/13/2006 8:31 PM, Blogger Rhe said...

so this is totally crazy but tonya is my little brothers girlfriend! i thought it was crazy b/c she has pictures of you on her blog also threw me off at first but i figured it out anyway glad you had fun see ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home