Friday, June 30, 2006

Jr High Camp 2006

So as you all may or may not know by now I was a counselor for Jr. High Camp this past week. It was a blast, though we had our moments, everything seemed to turn out fab. What an amazing week. Pictures? Ok, you talked me into it.
Look at all those freakin kids! We had barely short of 50 Jr. High kids at camp this week! But it was great, it made things way fun. Way loud, way hard to get accomplished, but way fun.

The first day we played a game called Smak-A-Thon. That's right, it's too hard core for the "c". It was a fun "get to know slash get to smack you" game. With pool noodles that is.
So we got teams together, those being Kiwi Twist lead by Adam, The Tarheels lead by Travis, The Nameless lead by Patrick, and Chocolate Thunder lead by the fierce and mighty Kentucky. We would give the kids points to do various things. Really the points didn't matter because at the end of the week we gave the winner a rock, 2nd got a bag of un-popped popcorn, 3rd got toothpaste, and 4th got a can of Off. But the kids knew that. But they STILL licked the floor, ate leafs, caught (or tried to catch) frisbees in their mouths, and anything else we wanted them to do for points. So we had little games like this head stand competition...
And this little number. Ps. they thought they were blowing cotton balls out of a bowl, not flour. Meyers kind of threw up.

Guess who stopped by in the middle of the week! DwaineALaine and a couple other cats from Scott City! Yay for not Jr. High kids!

On the last day we went to Scott Lake. Here's Adam, Preston, and T-rav paddle boating. It was a fab time, Patrick and I were boat buddies, and we dominated that lake.
The famous Justin, director of the whole sha-bang. He was fab and did an awesome job w/ camp. Ps. He's getting married soon :)
The next three photos are pictures of the girls from my Cabin, Cabin 2. India..
Lexi, Maris, Jasmine...
Regina, Janaya, and Brittni. Not shown is Katie because she was already gone when I got around to taking pictures of these girls. Katie was way cool though.
A couple of the boys Mark and Aaron. They were pretty rad, Mark was my photo man on the last day cause I got lazy.
Us full-time counselors. Not shown are Tami and Lesli who could only be there in the evenings and nights. Adam, Sarah, Me, Travis, Patrick, and Kentucky slash Johnathen.

It was seriously such a fun week. I'm exhausted though. The girls in my cabin were so freakin hilar, but if I would have heard "Where's the Murse?" (Male+Nurse, my girls came up with it..they're so clever) or "Miiichellllllle where's Jordan? I need my nose spray" one more time, I might have given them a reason to go see the nurse. If you haven't caught on they all had crushes on him. They were dorks, but that's why I loved them. Camp was fab.

Tomorrow Rhonda and I are headed for Manhattan where I shall be for a week! My poor bed isn't gettin any lovin :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home