Sunday, September 03, 2006

KC Ren Fest


Today my brothers and sisters, mom, and Aaron and Stephanie and I went to the renaissance festival in Kansas City.
Before we left, Shannon found me a Pirate pet. It was also the first time I could stand to touch a snail. Weird, yeah? I loved that little guy...but I had to drive, so I couldn't bring him along. It was probably for the best though.
So anyways, definitly one of the coolest things I've ever been to. I'd say atleast 50% of the people there were dressed up. Fairies, Gypsies, Victorian stylies, Barbarians, Elves, Jesters, any thing else you can imagine, and yes. Pirates. They all paraded through the park, and passed right in front of us so we got to see everyone. I was nearly attacked by a Satyr, but I got over it.

All of us kids wore our pirate gear, and even Rhonda got into the pirate spirit and Schmee'd it up.




















The boys threw axes...













...and Nette and Nicole threw knives.











There was even a joust! I know, right? It was alot of fun...alot of walking and being on one's feet, but still an enjoyable experience. There were performers everywhere, and booths selling food, jewelry, leather goods, costumes and tons of other stuff allll over. We were there for a good 6-7 hours, and only then were we pretty sure we covered all the grounds. I'm thinking that's a place I'll have to work next year. And Nicole shall set up a booth and sell pirate garb. It was nothing short of fab.
Bravo KC Ren Rest, Bravo.

1 Comments:

At 9/04/2006 11:06 AM, Blogger The Math Ninja said...

it was good fun for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home