Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Ohbumma...

Electoral Votes: 338-141
Won by more than 4 million of the popular vote
"Barack Obama beats John McCain and becomes the country's first black president." -yahoo.com
Yes, it is a first in history, and yes I'm all for calling unnecessary attention to a person's race. But I hope to God it's not four years of "Our black president..."

Gah, and I really thought Barr had this one! That's a joke. So it will be interesting to see what happens now. Tell you one thing that will, me posting oodles of videos on my blog in one evening. Done. And I'm not even the first black president.

Chin up Ol' chap, you'll get um next time!
...and did anyone else think that felt like the fastest election they've been alive for? Because it sure seemed like it to me. I was ready for the 4 am CNN updates long haul...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11/05/2008 9:28 AM, Blogger Ookami Snow said...

Oh it is going to be non-stop stuff about Obama being black for the next four years.

Even now people in the news makes comments about football coaches being black.

I was thinking about this in the shower last night, and I think that making points like that is actually raciest. It makes things always "them" and "us" instead of "we".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home