Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You olright?

So when people ask "Alright?", it just means "What's up" or "Hello". So...now I know.

I'm in England right now. No internet in my room, but that should be up around the weekend I hope. Us exchange students are missing our first week of classes (this week), because we aren't enrolled yet. But I guess it's ok, so I'm down.

We haven't really done much except go to the bar on campus and hang out, do trivia and things. Everyone drinks here. All the time...well, I suppose there is a bar on campus. But it is a nice bar, so it's not so bad to hang out in. The other night we just kind of invited ourselves into this group of student's trivia team and we ended up getting third! It was pretty fun.

I've been hanging out with a group of exchange students, Nicole from Austrailia (we celebrated Austrailia day with her yesterday), Alexandra and Caitlyn from Quebec, Megan from Vancouver, Dan and John from K-State, Dan from NY, and Virage from NJ. There are others, but that's the main rollin crew.

Dan from KS and I discussed yesterday how you can't help but have an accent in brief pass-by with the locals. Sometimes on purpose to avoid a whole conversation about being from America, and sometimes without even trying. This accent is pretty easy to pick up on. When I come home I'll be a keen ol' brit!

Cambridge and London trips this weekend, along with naps because this country is already exhausting. It's nice to come home to an episode of Always Sunny and my bed.

Pictures when I get internet in my room, until then, Cheers!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1/27/2010 8:00 AM, Blogger Ookami Snow said...

I will not tolerate and British accent from you when you get back unless it is the most heavy cockney that has existed.

 
At 1/27/2010 8:44 AM, Blogger The Math Ninja said...

I'll second that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home