Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Craig, how's your food? *Muah!* Beautiful

Hello ol' chaps! I've put all my pictures from so far onto my facebook, and here is a link to the albums (please let me know if they don't work):

UK up until the weekend

London Photos

Per Mommy's request, here is a photo on my first day of classes

That day I got really homesick and overwhelmed with my classes. But since then I've hung out with my flat mates who turned out to be alot of fun (one looks like Rod and/or Tod from the Simpsons). I went running tonight around the de Hav campus, but it was kind of rainy and cold so I didn't make it too far. Nicole and I are going to have a look at the gym on campus tomorrow to see if we'd like to get memberships. I think I really need that sort of thing in my life right now.

We also applied for this thing called the HOST program, where you go stay with a family for the weekend and they take you to do UK-esk things. We're going together for this first one to get a feel for what it's like.

Classes:

Conditioning: Seems like a very interesting class, we have a group project due in a few weeks in which we have to choose a case study and make a year-long training schedule for an athlete, a 1,000 word essay justifying it, and a video demonstrating the exercises we've chosen. Our professor said that a guy taking this very class last year is now working for Arsenal's academy: Sweeeeet.

Nutrition: I'll be honest with you. The lecture was very very interesting, but I haven't had the basic Nutrition that these guys have. So I believe what I'll be doing is dropping it and taking it back at Kstate so I can get lower level stuff, into what they're learning here. I'm really interested in this field so I feel it's important I actually learn the stuff instead of squeak by on half way knowing the information. (And thus, the basic email I'll be sending my instructors. Scene.) But on the bright side, I met some girls (who turned out to be in Conditioning as well) who walked with me to lab and asked me to be in their group! Awwwww :)

(^^That day was much better^^)

Philosophy: I had this class today. I was super nervous about it because I'm not one for the rhetoric. But lecture this morning was him just talking about how to write a good paper, and he was an interesting guy. He told me the wrong seminar to go to, even when I said I was pretty sure I was supposed to go to the other one (he emailed me saying he told me wrong--they all seem pretty cool though. I don't think it'll be a big deal). The seminar I DID go to was alright, the instructor had us boil down Humpty Dumpty, which was more for learning to write well, and not quite into the philosophy thing yet. For this class I will have to write something like a 1,000 word paper in the Aristotlean style over a paper I read. ughhhghg...

Intro to Poetry: I have this lecture and seminar tomorrow morning. I'm not very anxious about it, plus Will (one of the trivia guys) is in it too! It'll be nice to finally know a person in a class.

I found a website that lets me stream to the UK and has loads of Always Sunny and Office episodes on it. Whew, I was running low.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2/04/2010 10:59 AM, Blogger The Math Ninja said...

glasses... did the UK take your vision?!

 
At 2/05/2010 12:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I just didn't look very scholarly without. I don't use a backpack here, just my big purse. I also had an apple in my hand that you can't see which I didn't give to my teacher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home