Monday, February 22, 2010

We'll "beheading" to the next tower now

:) Barney. What a great tour guide.

This weekend Alex, Nic and I took a little trip to London where we stayed 2 nights. We met up with Caitlin, Alex's friend from Canada who came to visit her for a few days (ahem. Hint.) We tried to get last minute tickets to a show in West End our first night but the only ones cheap enough were to Avenue Q...I didn't know how much I cared to see it. So we just got dinner and went back to the hostel for the night. Which was SO nice! 2 sets of bunk beds, lockers for all our stuff, bathrooms one way down the hall, and a room with shower stalls at the other end. Clean, well kept, friendly staff, DELICIOUS breakfast, and no torture chamber in the basement! It met all the requirements :)

Next day Alex and Caitlin wanted to go to Windsor so Nicole and I took off to see the market in Camden.
And by that, I mean the entire city is like 900 acres of market. We got lost trying to just do one section at a time, it was sooo cool. We pet a baby kangaroo!

That night we went to a club called Cargo and dance dance danced. Met some Italians and paid 50 pence for a stick of gum from the kiosk lady in the bathroom (?). That day just really had it all. I got to sleep at 5 am.
Only to wake up at 8 am to adventure some more. Had another wonderful continental breakfast (flaky pastries and chocolate spread...mmmm...) and went to see the Tower of London.

It's where Henry VIII lived with Anne Boleyn and also had her beheaded, were the crown jewels are kept... (this guy in the Royal Scepter was my favorite--second largest diamond in the world)
...and other historical events and artifacts were/are held. Neat place, but I was VERY hungry so I was happy to leave and find lunch. We came home *not without making a very necessary stop*
and went to trivia where our team got 8th?!! Very disappointing. But, we love the trivia team, so a fun night and very fun weekend nonetheless.

This morning around 10 I looked out and saw about 3/4 inch of snow on the ground. I then checked my email (I had a hunch) and had a new message from my Conditioning professor saying class today was canceled due to "adverse weather conditions". Bahaha, England you crazy!

Here are all the pictures from the weekend

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home