Monday, March 15, 2010

Sprechen Sie Englisch?

From Wednesday-Sunday I was in Switzerland, a country one year ago I thought I'd never go to. I stayed with Michael Meier (from the hockey team 07-09) and Geoffrey met us there as well, since he's studying in the Czech.

First day was just trying to get there and get ahold of Mike via cell phone, which isn't as easy as you'd think. But I a very nice lady named Gabby helped me at the train station and Mike did call me so I made it to his home in Aarau safely around 11 pm.

Thursday morning Michael had to go to work, so I went to Zurich to meet Geoff when he got there from his 10 hour bus ride.

It snowed pretty much all day, but it was still a nice temperature so I didn't mind it a bit. Plus I wore the boots Grandma got me which helped :) We didn't get meals so much as we just got coffee and pastries along the way. The coffee there, btw, is phenomenal.

We also went to a museum and then watched Michael at hockey practice that night.

Friday morning it was sunny out! Geofferson and I stayed in Aarau and explored the town, which we decided we LOVED. It's a lovely country.

That night Michael made us fondue despite his very strict "No Cheese in the Apartment" policy. Thank goodness too, because it was delicious. We then went to a club where ladies got in free (Frauen: Gratis), met some of Michael's native friends, and of course danced. Only down side was people could smoke inside, so my eyes burned well into the next morning.

Saturday we went skiing in the Alps. An added bonus was he drive us there. Let me tell you, you never realize just how nice riding in a car is until you can't do it for 5 months.

I sucked ridiculous amounts at skiing. I fell on my tail bone really hard the 3rd slope I went down, so that made the rest of the day pretty long. It really was a lot of fun though, and Geoff and Michael stuck with me the whole day. God bless them.

Up there was the prettiest scenery I think I have ever seen, a lake surrounded by mountains?? That's the dream location!

That night we just made stupid amounts of spaghetti and recovered from the day. There had been a soccer game vs. Zurich FC that evening while we were getting in. We stood on the balcony and watched the away team fans walk to the train station and sing sing sing like they do. A bit after that, we heard more commotion and went outside again to see the jerkier fans getting in fights and throwing rocks at the cops in riot gear and their caged vans. They were real houligans!!! I'm sure I'd be more annoyed like Michael if I lived there, but it was just really awesome.

I had to leave the apt at 8 the next morning to get back to the airport and the boys joined me :) How nice. And then I left them...it was like the best thing to see people I knew, and to do it in Switzerland? Why, that was just a big heaping pile of Nutella icing.

Ps. I want to learn German soooooooo bad now. Coolest language ever!

Willst du more photos?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home