Thursday, August 16, 2007

We're best friends!!!!!!

So I'm all moved in here up at Smurthwaite in Manhattan. I have the middle bed of which I was leery at first but oh no, I'm rockin it. My roommates (Kerri and Erin) are pretty cool, and I'm actually thinking my classes might be pretty fun as well. Nothing exciting is really going on yet, just been hanging out with the fam mostly. Tomorrow all the festivities start, a bbq, black and white dinner, and I'm sure dozens upon dozens of get-to-know-you games.
Not so sure about that last one.
But, if you were wondering, now that I'm actually up here I'm getting more and more excited and less and less sad about being here and leaving home. Rhonda's still here though,
we'll see how all that goes on Sunday when she leaves. We won't talk about it though.
This is fun!
And I have memory foam on my bed which makes my outlook on everything just a bit brighter.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8/19/2007 11:13 PM, Blogger The Gare Bear said...

Well, I'm with you in spirit. And I'm only an email or phone call or (in emergency) only a road trip away. Anyway, I'd like to make the trek to Manhattan soon.

I can still remember the day I loaded up my 1972 Ford Pinto and headed off to Colorado State. Tears, fears, and a great big sense of adventure. Hard to leave home but so good to be on the road to somewhere. And, look where I ended up. Priceless!

 
At 8/19/2007 11:17 PM, Blogger The Gare Bear said...

Oh, one more comment. Now, it's official. I basically entirely missed you growing up. This is very sad to me and, I hope, a lesson to others: Save your marriages and watch your kids grow up. It's probably easier that way even if it's hard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home