Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Level 7, Jump up and down

Last night I went to KC with Jon Urban and Marissa Dugan to see a show at the Beaumont. We saw the new-to-me Every Avenue,

The Maine (who I couldn't get a decent picture of), MAYDAY PARADE!!,

(Here's a very short video of "Miserable at Best")
and All Time Low.

I went into it thinking I only cared about Mayday and a little bit of the Maine, but I really wish I had gotten more stoked for all of the bands. The whole show was boss (Geoff and I are bringing boss back, btdub).

Another little perk to the night was this tiny little blonde girl tried to fight me for being pushed up against her boyfriend while dorks were hardcore dancing (to Mayday Parade. Really?) in front of me. Now, we know I'm pretty much all talk, but she didn't know that when I was yelling back in her face "Do NOT start crap with me during Mayday. Do NOT." Her boyfriend got between us, and I giggled it off. Who fights at pop punk shows? Amateurs. Oh yes, I failed to mention that a large majority of the people there were either well under 18, or their parents. And be warned, this new crop has no respect.
God bless Jon for being such a hoot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home