Sunday, November 02, 2008

Ranger--Nature sucks

WOW. Who else had the best weekend of their year? I certainly did. We left early Saturday morning for St. Louis. Played two games, lost both. BUT THEN, Joel, Nick, Ranger, Tyler, Coleman, Dany, Clavin, and I went to Red Lobster for dinner. Most definitely the best meal with the team I've ever had. Laughter and endless shrimp were flying all over the place. Clavin and I raced to everything that evening--and since it's my blog and I have the final say, I beat him about 90% of the time. Later that night Joel, Dany, and I played pass the pigs to see who had to sleep on the cot in our room. I was the loser, not my night for tossing pigs. Haha and then we layed in the dark and talked. Which was fun.

The next morning we had a 7 am against Missouri State. The boys played hard and better than they had been, but still lost 1-9. Upon returning from lunch for our second game, we stopped in to watch the Truman/Lindonwood game. Thank heavens we decided to do that. Because THIS freakin happened:

It was awesome! Everyone that was out there got kicked out of the game, even Truman's goalie (who is Ben, a guy who played with us last fall,'s brother. His reaction isn't on tape, but he broke his stick. It was fairly impressive). The game went pretty quick after that, with Truman getting mercy ruled.

Everyone seemed to be in excellent moods, so things were looking up for our game against Western Illinois. I'll spare you the details, but we got a lot of our stuff together and did work. And we won!!! 11-6 K-State. I've never seen Clavin smile after a game, until then. Everyone was very happy, as they should be. Let's carry it on into the next weekends now boys! (Can you tell I'm still psyched?) I love this team.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home