Tuesday, November 04, 2008

They love tap they love tap they love tap

This is Julie, my Jazz and Tap teacher, and also the coordinator for the KSU Tap Ensemble. She's improving while her husband Neil plays some live music.

(It's not like they just sit around and make dance videos, they were making a tap comp. video and this was just the uncut portion of part of it :)
They were making the video for a talk the Tap Ensemble would give before the Savion Glover show Bare Sounds here at McCain on November 1st. This year was the first I'd ever heard of Savion, but I quickly learned he's a big deal in the Tap World. He kind of got his first big break on Sesame Street (which I never watched as a kid).

Yeah, BA right? Then I found out he was Happy Feet.

And this is him now. Everyone here said the show was incredible. Don't get me wrong, I had the time of my life in St. Louis this weekend...it just would have been nice to see this too :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home